Ok, I’ve finished working on this first project now. The final three images, which I did yesterday and this morning, are inspired by Paul Klee. I made three monoprints using sun, moon and stars as a theme and then enjoyed myself painting over the prints.
And here is a picture of most of the other work done on this project:
I have decided that I’ve passed this first project (I’m not grading it). It has made me think about how to capture the feeling of distance and scale. Comparing my DIY degree with the Foundation in Art and Design that I did last year, I haven’t done as much work as I would have done on the Foundation programme and I’ve missed the imput from my tutors. However, I’m still pleased with how productive I’ve been. During the summer before starting on the DIY course I’d been apprehensive that I would be motivated to get down to work.
Doing this blog is helping in that respect.